Vacancy for M.Pharm, M.Sc as Junior Research Fellow at NIPER
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) is the first national level institute in pharmaceutical sciences with a proclaimed objective of becoming a centre of excellence for advanced studies and research in pharmaceutical sciences. The Government of India has declared NIPER as an 'Institute of National Importance'. It is an autonomous body set up under the aegis of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India. The Institute is conceived to provide leadership in pharmaceutical sciences and related areas not only within the country, but also to the countries in South East Asia, South Asia and Africa. NIPER is a member of Association of Indian Universities and Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Applications are invited for one position of Junior Research Fellow under a project entitled “Secreted Mtb specific metabolic enzymes as Biomarkers for diagnosis of tuberculosis” sponsored by Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi [GP-439] under the supervision of Dr. Chaaya Iyengar, Assistant Professor, Department of Biotechnology, NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar. The initial appointment is for one year and extendable for another one year.
Essential qualifications: M.Sc. in Biochemistry / Microbiology / Biotechnology OR M.S. (Pharm)/ M.Pharm/ M.Tech in Biotechnology
Desirable: Hands on experience in recombinant DNA techniques and protein chemistry. Experience in Microbiology, handling and maintenance of E.Coli Mtb H37Ra strains. Minimum CGPA of 6.75 (or 60% marks) for General category, 6.25 (or 55% marks) for SC/ST, 5.75 (or 50% marks) for physically handicapped (PH) candidates on a 10 point scale in the qualifying examination.
Age limit: Below 28 years (may be relaxed depending upon the suitability of qualification & experience.
Fellowship: Rs.25000/-p.m. + HRA as per rules.
Tenure of the Post: The above position is purely temporary initially for a period of one year and extendable for a period of two more years based on the satisfactory performance of the candidate.
• The candidate(s) who fulfill the eligibility criteria should bring the application on the prescribed application form along with attested copies of testimonials / degrees / certificates etc. in support of the averments made in the qualification, experience and other columns in the application form along with latest passport size photograph and prescribed fee, as mentioned below, in the shape of Demand Draft favouring Director, NIPER payable at S.A.S. Nagar/Chandigarh.
i. Application fee for Unreserved and OBC category: Rs.100/-
ii. Application fee for SC/ST/PWD/female candidate: NIL
• Candidates shall have to produce original testimonials at the time of interview, failing which the interview will not be allowed. The original certificates / degree etc of the candidate(s) are subject to verification before joining, in case of selection.
• Candidates with incomplete application or without relevant supporting enclosures (i.e. self attested copies of degree / certificates / marks sheets / experience certificate / reprint of important publications, without photographs, signatures and prescribed fee) will not be interviewed.
• Age relaxation / reservation policy for SC/ST/OBC/Ex-Servicemen/PWD etc will be as per the Government of India and Institute rules. The candidates are required to attach valid proof for claiming relaxation as per the guidelines prescribed by the Government of India from time to time.
• In exceptionally meritorious cases or under special circumstances, the eligibility requirements of age, educational qualification and experience for the post may be relaxed by the competent authority.
• The process of selection may include presentation / seminar / written test / interview or any other process as decided by the competent authority.
• The Institute reserves the right to withdraw advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. Institute also reserves the right to fill or not to fill post and its decision in this regard shall be final.
• No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Walk-in-Interviews.
• Confirmation for attending the walk-in-interviews can be dropped at email@example.com.
• CANVASSING IN ANY FORM MAY LEAD TO CANCELLATION OF CANDIDATURE.
The walk-in-interviews will be held on 21-08-2019(Wednesday) from 3.00 PM to 4.30 PM in the in Room No. F-108, Department of Biotechnology, NIPER, S.A.S. Nagar. The candidates are advised to report at the venue by 2.30 pm.
See All Other Jobs in our Database