Applications are invited for Research Associate at INST
Institute of Nano Science and Technology (INST), Mohali (Punjab), an autonomous institution of Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has been established under the umbrella of NANO MISSION, initiated by DST to boost research and development in the field of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in India. INST started its activities on 3rd January 2013, the date on which its first Director was appointed. The institute is currently operating from its transit campus at Habitat Centre, Sector-64, Phase-X, Mohali, Punjab.
Post : Research Associate
Title of the Research Project: “Development of novel theranostic nanoplatforms for targeted therapy for liver cancers” (Project from DST-Nano Mission)
Applications are invited from highly motivated and bright candidates for the position of Project Research Associate (RA-I) in DST project under the supervision of Dr. Surajit Karmakar, Scientist E, Principal Investigator, Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali.
Brief description of project: DST-Nano Mission project involves the synthesis of peptide coated gold based nanomaterials for core-shell like nanostructure for targeted combinational therapy against liver cancers.
Essential qualifications: Either having PhD degree or should have submitted thesis in the field of Chemistry / Chemical Engineering / Material science / Cancer Nanotherapeutics / Nanotechnology with in-depth understanding/ hands on experience in synthesis of gold/metal cluster or peptide decorated gold-based nanomaterials, their characterization and handling of preclinical cancer therapeutic techniques.
Desirable Experience: Candidate having experience along with gold hybrid fabrication will be of added advantage. Should have publications in said area high impact factor journals are essential requirement.
Age limit: Must not be over 35 years as on August 31st, 2018 is relaxable as per GOI norms.
Fellowship: Rs 36,000/- consolidated per month.
Project duration: 6 months (May be extended based on performance of the candidates and availability of fund)
General Terms and Conditions:
1) The position is temporary. The position shall be coterminous with the project.
2) Completely filled, signed application form in the prescribed format (attached) and synopsis must be submitted as per the attached template.
3) Original documents of age proof/certificates/degrees/mark sheets and other testimonials must be presented at the time of interview. Self-attested photocopies of these documents are to be sent along with application and also to be provided at the time of interview.
4) Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other communication in this regard will be entertained. It should be noted that the candidates residing beyond 1000 km from Mohali may opt for online interview if shortlisted.
5) No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Completed APPLICATION FORMS and SYNOPSIS should reach on or before August 31st, 2018 by post or via email attachment (all files as one combined PDF) addressed to:
Dr. Surajit Karmakar,
Scientist-E/ Associate Professor
Institute of Nano Science and Technology,
Habitat Centre, Phase-X,
Sector-64, Mohali, Punjab – 160062
See All Other Jobs in our Database