National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (NIRRH), formerly known as Institute for Research in Reproduction is a premier research institute of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). It is situated in the vicinity of a number of hospitals and research institutes in central Mumbai. Since its inception in 1970, it has been making vigorous efforts to improve the reproductive health of people through research, education and health care services.
Title of project: "Clinical phenotypes and genetic regulation of endometriosis in Indian women (ECGRI study)", Funded by DBT Wellcome India Alliance
Project Technical Officer
Stipend : Consolidated salary Rs 32,000/-per month (fixed)
Essential qualification : Master's degree in Bioinformatics Genetics / Life Sciences / Biotechnology / from a recognized Institution
Desirable : • Two years research experience in epidemiological/ genetic studies (preferably multi-center studies)
• Epidemiological, Clinical data analysis experience
• Experience in handling big data such as Genomes/Exomes/Genotype, Datasets, Next Generation Sequencing datasets.
• Proficiency in internet applications & communication skills
• Experience of molecular biology techniques
Age Limit : 30 years
Duration : One year (Renewable for additional three years)
Nature of Duties:
• To assist in preparation of all necessary documents required for ethics committee submission, annual reports of host institute and funding agency
• To monitor the centralized clinical, genomic database and biorepository at ICMR-NIRRH, Mumbai
• Coordination and supervision of project activities and implementation of project at participating study sites all over India
• To coordinate and assist the Clinical Collaborators and project staff for timely entry of the data and transportation of samples
• To supervise, conduct regular quality control checks of data collection, entry and storage
• To assist in organizing video/telephone meeting with all participating study sites to review the progress and ensure adherence to protocol
• To conduct epidemiological and genomic data analysis and assist in writing project reports, publications
• To assist in any other works related to the project or other scientific/technical activities
1. Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/women candidates will be as per the government rules.
2. Qualification/degree should be from a reputed Institution/University.
3. Mere fulfilling the essential qualification/experience does not guarantee for selection.
4. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
5. No TA/DA will be paid either for attending the interview or joining the post.
6. Persons already in regular time scale service under any Government Department / Organizations are not eligible.
7. Written test in the subject area will be held, if required to shortlist candidate of the interview on the same day depending upon the number of candidate.
8. The Director & appointing authority has the right to accept/ reject any application without assigning any reason and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
9. Please give the details of two responsible persons of your locality or two references to whom you are known.
10. Candidates can join online Interview on Zoom video call app at scheduled time. Bad connection/ connection failure from any side will not be the responsibility of ICMR-NIRRH, Mumbai.
11. Candidates, who will be interviewed online, if they are selected, will have to produce original documents of their Qualification, Age & Experience before joining. If the same are not found correct, their selection will be cancelled immediately.
12. Due to the lockdown, Travel barriers and urgency of shouldering the workload, preference will be given to regional/local Candidates so as to join immediately.
Last Date : 10/04/2021
See All Other Jobs in our Database