Vacancy for Project Associate at Indian Institute of Toxicology Research
CSIR-Indian Institute of Toxicology Research, Lucknow, a constituent laboratory of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, was established in 1965. This multidisciplinary research institute with the motto Safety to Environment and Health and Service to Industry addresses problems critical to human health and environment.
The eligible and interested candidates may attend the interview for purely temporary engagement as “Senior Project Associate” and“Project Associate-II” for COVID-19 testing project. The eligibility criterion is as follows.
Post Code- 1
Essential and Desirable qualification : Essential Qualification : Master’s Degree in Natural Sciences including Medical Laboratory Technology / Biotechnology / Microbiology / Virology/ Biochemistry or Agricultural Sciences/ M.V.Sc. or Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent And 2 years’ experience in research and development in industrial and academic institutions or science and technology organizations and scientific activities and services
Job description& desirable qualification : The candidate is expected to work on testing of SARS-CoV-2019 testing using methods like Real Time-PCR and others. Therefore, the candidates with experience in Microbiology/ Virology/ Medical Laboratory Technology will be preferred.
Maximum age limit (as on date of interview) : 35 years
Stipend (Rs. per month) : 35,000/- plus HRA
Post Code- 2
Essential and Desirable qualification :
Essential Qualification : Master’s Degree in Natural Sciences including Medical Laboratory Technology/ Biotechnology/ Microbiology/ Virology/ Biochemistry or Agricultural Sciences/ M.V.Sc. or Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent And 4 years’ experience in research and development in industrial and academic institutions or science and technology organizations and scientific activities and services Or Doctoral Degree in Science/ Technology/Pharma/MD/MS from a recognized University or equivalent
Job description& desirable qualification : The candidate is expected to work on testing of novel corona virus-2019 testing using methods like Real Time-PCR and others Experience of handling pathogenic cultures (Bacteria/ virus), clinical specimens, RNA/ DNA extraction, Real Time-PCR and data analysis, will be preferred.
Maximum age limit (as on date of interview) : 40 years
Stipend (Rs. per month) : 42,000/- plus HRA
General Terms & Conditions:
1. Engagement will be initially for a period of one year, and may be extended or curtailed depending upon the project requirement, and desired level performance or conduct of the incumbent, as the case may be.
2. The tenure of Project Staff shall be co-terminus with the project. However, under no circumstances the tenure would be allowed to exceed five years duration. The performance of the Project Staff would be reviewed periodically so that any one not found up to the mark, could be terminated.
3. All these positions are temporary and, therefore, will not confer any righton the incumbent to any claim, implicit or explicit on any post in CSIR-IITR/CSIR.
4. On completion of the tenure in one project, in case, one wants to apply for engagement in another project, he/she will have to go through the process of selection by submitting a fresh application under the newproject. Engagement of the Project Staff under the new project would be made only after submission of resignation and “No Demand Certificate” in the previous project.
5. Whereever possible accommodation will be provided to project staff, if accommodation is not possible, HRA will be paid as per rules. If accommodation is provided, the licence fee would be deducted as per CSIR rules.
6. The Project Staff shall be permitted to avail leave and dispensary facility, as per rules.
7. The Institute provides canteen facilities as is being provided for regular staff members on payment of suitable charges.
8. Experience, where required, will be counted from acquiring minimum educational qualification.
9. Final semester and results awaited candidates will not be allowed to appear for Interview.
10. TA/DA will not be paid for reporting to duty.
11. Number of positions may vary depending upon the Project requirements.
Eligible and interested candidates are requested to send scan copy of following documents through Email on firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 29.04.2020 (Wednesday) positively.
(i) Scan copy of duly filled-in application form, which is given at the end of this Advt.
(ii) Scan copies of original documents viz. (a) Educational Qualification, (b) Age, (c) Category (in caseof SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates), (d) Experience certificate, if any; (e) List of publications/ patents, if any, and (e) detailed biodata etc. Candidates are also requested to provide their Skype ID, Mobile No. and Email address.
Note: The candidates shortlisted by the Screening Committee will be invited for online-Interview through Skype on 30.04.2020 (Thursday) from 9:00 AM onwards.
The panel of Project Staff may be prepared for future requirements too, if any, or for up-coming projects.
*Interview may continue on 01.05.2020 depending upon number of candidates appeared.
Mode of Selection : Selection is to be done on the basis of online Interview through Skype.
See All Other Jobs in our Database