Work as Regional Business Manager at Pfizer | B.Sc, B.Pharm
Pfizer is the world's premier biopharmaceutical company taking new approaches to better health. We discover, develop, manufacture and deliver quality, safe and effective prescription medicines to treat and help prevent disease for both people and animals. We also partner with healthcare providers, governments and local communities around the world to expand access to our medicines and to provide better quality health care and health system support. At Pfizer, colleagues in more than 90 countries work every day to help people stay happier and healthier longer and to reduce the human and economic burden of disease worldwide.
Post : Regional Business Manager
Regional Business Manager (Sterile Injectable) leads a team of District Managers and Territory Executives to achieve and exceed the budgeted sales for the assigned geographical region. The role holder is also responsible for profitable promotion of company’s products, optimizing productivity through planned coverage of customers and resource deployment in accordance with established sales and distribution policies and procedures.
Strategic/ Policy Ensure achievement of Sales budgets for the assigned geographical region Plan and develop suitable sales strategy in consultation with the SM. Take the inputs of the DM / DBMs to prepare the sales plan. Prepare the regional sales targets for each of the key products, plan monthly sales targets and schedule sales for each district so as to optimize the potential and field force productivity for the region as a whole
• Monitor DMs distribution of targets to territories - product wise and value wise - for each key product with annual and monthly sales targets
• Validate the sales targets set by the DMs for the TE /Sr. TE
• Validate the sales forecast / rolling sales plan as per the defined frequency Manage salvage net to maintain it at an acceptable level Support the Sales Manager in budgeting for the BU Conduct manpower planning for the region in consultation with the Sales Manager
• Conduct sales analytics to identify areas / stakeholders to be focused upon for driving business growth
• Organize collection of market intelligence through systematic collection and analysis of data, statistics and information from the field and use the same to recommend and/or redesign sales strategy to meet competition
Operational / Process
• Stay updated on the competitors’ activities through personal visits to medical practitioners, wholesalers and retailers and through systematic collection and analysis of data, statistics and information
• Make personal visits to key customers / opinion leaders to build up effective relationships and assess the effectiveness of promotional strategy / promotional campaigns. Make suitable recommendations to HO as deemed fit
• Review and assess the effectiveness of sales campaigns and programs; take corrective action and recommend improvement in sales planning, sales methods, market coverage and sales administration
• Coordinate with local chapter of Indian Medical Association and other Medical Associations of Physicians & Surgeons etc. for participating in Medical Symposia and Group Meetings
• Maintain contacts with eminent medical practitioners and opinion makers, wholesalers, hospital authorities, concerned government officers to promote goodwill and Pfizer’s image
• Support institutional sales for the region by developing and managing relationships with key institutions in the region.
• Negotiate special prices for sale of Pharma products to hospitals and other institutions and for liquidation of short-dated stocks in coordination with the Institutional Sales Team
• Build relationships with, and manage Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and key customers
• Supervise implementation of product promotion campaigns for new and existing products for the region
• Provide inputs to the marketing team for articulation of the marketing strategy
• Coordinate with the CFA and distribution teams to ensure product availability in the region
• Ensure routine submissions to the HO in a timely manner
• Supervise planning and organizing of Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs with help from HODs, Consultants and hospital admin department.
- Demonstrate and promote Pfizer global values in all interactions
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors
- Set out targets and objectives jointly for key positions with the Sales Manager
- Appraise performance on the achievement of targets against predefined objectives and recommend career progression decisions for team members
- Ensure subordinate development through performance monitoring, periodical counseling, guiding and coaching
- Maximise productivity of the team through efficient decision making and delegation of authority
- Actively focus on subordinate development through performance monitoring, periodical counseling, guiding and coaching
- Assist the Field Training Manager in identification of training needs for the field force in the region
- Ensure the field force undergoes training in line with the identified needs as well as relevant product and selling skills training programs
- Provide guidance to the team with respect to company procedures, policies and guidelines
- Handle grievances and disciplinary issues in the region in consultation with HO departments
- Responsible for creation of Individual Development Plans for the reportees at the beginning of every year and conduct of periodic reviews on the progress made. Provide them with the requisite assistance to enable their development as per the plan
- Act as the custodian of all compliance related matters for the region
For More Info Go Next Page...