Vacancy for Senior Research Scientist at Syngene International
Syngene International is one of India’s premier contract research and manufacturing organizations in providing customized service. Our services encompasses all across discovery chain: early stage discovery, process development, cGMP manufacturing and formulation development both in the small molecule and novel biologics area. Based in Bangalore, Karnataka, the Company is situated in a 90 acre Special Economic Zone with over 100000 sq. mt of built up facilities.
Post : Senior Research Scientist
Job Description :
Contribute to drug discovery by establishing and executing biochemical and cell based assays to support various programs at SARC.
The incumbent will be responsible for planning and execution of various assays to support Assay Biology & Screening group. The ideal candidate will ensure smooth running of multiple assays while maintaining highest quality of data and meeting established timelines.
Key skill-sets and responsibilities include:
• Proficient in executing biochemical assays, including but not limited to enzyme assays and binding assays with various readouts – fluorescence, luminescence, alpha technology
• Proficient in Mammalian cell culture. Experience with primary cells would be an advantage.
• Cell based assays: First hand experience with multiple assay techniques
* Luminescence, fluorescence, FRET, radioassays
* Immunoassays – ELISA, WB, Flow cytometry
* Second messenger assays – cAMP, Ca2+, IP3, phosphorylation
* Transient transfections in various cell lines
* Expression studies
• Excellent pipetting skills. Experience in using automated liquid handlers an added advantage
• Good understanding about assay quality control and effective communication skills
• The position involves bench work and data analysis, and may occasionally require presence after office hours.
• M.Sc in Biology / Biochemistry or a related field
• 3-8 years’ experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
• Hands-on experience in executing medium to high throughput assays
• Hands-on-experience with liquid handling platforms preferable
• Good understanding of the drug discovery process, with an emphasis on screening, secondary and mechanistic assays
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
Experience : 1-2 years
Qualification : Ph.D, M.Sc
Location : India
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : R&D
End Date : 27th February, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database