The Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development although registered in April, 2001, under the Manipur Societies Registration Act, 1989, the regular activity of the Institute could be started only with the appointment of its first Director on 18th January, 2003. Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India established the Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development (IBSD) at Imphal, Manipur in the year 2001. It is not only a unique institute of its kind in India but also amongst the very few in the world. The main mandate of this institute is conservation and sustainable utilization of bioresources for the socio-economic development of the region.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Title of the project and name of funding Agency : Phytopharmaceutical Development of Ficus semicordata Buch. Ham. Ex Sm as per regulatory guidelines of DCGI (under the Phytopharmaceutical Mission of North East Region) Name of Funding agency: DBT
Duration of the project : For a period of 3 years or till the completion of the project whichever is earlier
Emoluments/Consolidated pay : Emoluments shall be Rs 25,000.00 pm + 10% HRA for the 1st two years and Rs 28,000/- + 10% HRA for the 3rd year for SRF and applicable only if JRF/SRF is NET/GATE/BET/BINC/ SLET/Professional course qualified otherwise it shall be 12,000/- + 10% HRA for the 1st two years and Rs 14,000/- + 10% HRA for the 3rd year for SRF.
Essential Qualification : Candidate should be M. Sc. Or equivalent degree in Life-Sciences / Zoology / Entomology / Organic Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biochemistry /Natural Product Chemistry or any relevant discipline with at least 55% marks. Desirable: NET/GATE/SLET/BET/BINC/Professional course qualified candidates will be given preferences.
1. The above positions are purely temporary and co- terminus with the project. Selected candidates shall not claim for regular appointment either in IBSD, Imphal and its branches or DBT, New Delhi.
2. No TA/DA will be paid to attend the interview.
3. The upper age limit shall be 28 years (relax able for reserved categories a per GoI norms).
4. Eligible candidates may appear for walk-in interview with all original and attested copies of certificate at 10.00 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. on 6th May, 2019.
5. Interim queries will not be attended.
See All Other Jobs in our Database