Job for Senior Associate Scientist at Amgen
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Post : Sr. Associate Scientist – Computational Chemistry
Amgen is seeking a highly qualified computational chemist to apply molecular modeling and computational chemistry techniques towards advancement of drug discovery programs. As a member of the global computational chemistry and molecular modeling team, the successful candidate will have responsibilities in the following two main areas: 1) apply ligand-based and structure-based computational drug design methods to support local and global projects;
2) help to advance and maintain internal computational chemistry and chemoinformatic tools and infrastructure.
• Doctorate Degree completed by December 2018 OR
• Master’s degree and 4 years of Computational Chemistry experience OR
• Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of Computational Chemistry experience
• PhD. in Computational Chemistry or related field
• Strong track record of research accomplishment in computational chemistry with three or more scientific publications or conference presentations
• Strong scientific programming skills
• Understanding of the physical chemical properties of small-molecules and its interactions with proteins
• Experience with one or more molecular modeling suites (MOE, Discovery Studio, Schrodinger, etc.)
• Strong communication skills, and enthusiasm for working as a part of a team in a remote setting
• Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Experience : 4 years
Qualification : M.Sc, Ph.D
Location : Mumbai
Industry Type : Pharma
Functional Area : Regulatory
Job ID: R-64813
End Date : 30th April, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database