Agharkar Research Institute (ARI) is an autonomous, grant-in-aid research institute of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Goverment of India. It was established in 1946 by the Maharashtra Association for the Cultivation of Science as MACS Research Institute and renamed as ARI in 1992 in honour and memory of its founder Director, late Professor S.P. Agharkar.
Post : Junior Research Fellow
Funding Agency, Title, Period of the Project & Post Code :
"Effect of amyloid beta peptide on intracellular copper metabolism: Implications to inflammation and neuro-degeneration."(SP-288)
Period up to: 11th March 2022
Post Code: SP/288/JRF
Group/ Division : Bioprospecting
(i) 1st Class M. Sc. in Chemistry / Biochemistry / Biotechnology.
(ii) Applicant must be qualified in any one of the following tests : CSIR - UGC NET, DBT-BET, ICMR/ICAR JRF, GATE/ GPAT, JEST, NBHM, JGEEBILS.
Desirable: One year experience of Research in Animal Cell Culture.
Monthly stipend : Rs.31,000/- + HRA
Age limit (as on date of interview)
Upto 28 years for General Category. Age relaxation of upto 5 years (Upto 33 years) for SC/ST/Differently abled/women candidates and 3 years(Uuto 31 years) for OBC (Non-creamy layer) candidates as per DBT-JRF guidelines. However, candidates selected through DBT-BET 2018 shall also be considered for age relaxation as applicable.
1. Candidates fulfilling above conditions may fill up the prescribed format available under this advertisement and bring it along with original and self-attested copies of qualifications, certificates, Passport size photograph, caste certificate issued by competent authority (for reserved category) at the time of interview.
2. Non-refundable application fee of Rs.100/- (except SC/ST and women candidates) to be paid online through onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm or link available on Institute Website aripune.org (Pay application fees on SBI Collect under Announcements).Candidate should attach the receipt of online payment of fees and indicate the online receipt number in the application form. The Institute is not responsible for any incomplete/pending/failed transactions of online application fee payments and they may contact the concerned bank in this regard.
3. The prescribed essential qualifications are bare minimum and mere possession of same will not entitle the candidate to be called for interview. The Institute reserves the right to select a suitable candidate.
4. In case of deserving, exceptionally qualified and experienced candidates, desirable qualification are relaxed at the discretion of the Competent Authority.
5. Candidates attending interview should report on time as per date and time schedule mentioned above.
6. As per revised SERB Guidelines, the CSIR-UGC NET LS candidates are not considered for JRF. Hence, the NET-LS selected candidate(s) will be initially considered for Research Student @ Rs.28000/- (fixed) p.m., till the final decision is taken by SERB.
(i) Date of Walk-in-interview : 25th April 2019 (Thursday)
(ii) Reporting Time : 9.00 AM to 9.30 AM
(iii) Verification of Documents : 9.30 AM to 10.30 AM
(iv) Schedule of Walk-in-interview : 10.30 AM onwards
Note: No T.A. is admissible for attending interview and selected candidate will have no right for appointment against any ARI or funding agency’s post/s.
See All Other Jobs in our Database