Applications are invited for Research Assistant, Scientist at AIIMS
All-India Institute of Medical Sciences was established as an institution of national importance by an Act of Parliament with the objects to develop patterns of teaching in Undergraduate and Post-graduate Medical Education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of Medical Education in India; to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all important branches of health activity; and to attain self-sufficiency in Post-graduate Medical Education.
Applications are invited for the following posts on contract basis in ICMR funded project (No.1) entitled “Bioinformatics identification and invitro evaluation of single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with completed suicide in Indian population and for the Task Force project (No.2) entitled “Development of DNA database and Identification portal for unidentified dead bodies autopsied at AIIMS, New Delhi, by using bioinformatics tools and techniques”.
Post for the project entitled No. : 01
Essential – M. Sc. Forensic Science / Masters in Biotechnology / M.Sc. Life sciences Desirable- Experience of working in molecular biology laboratory
Age limit : 30yrs
Tenure : Till March 2020
Post for the project entitled No. : 02
Essential : 1st class M.Sc.(Bioinformatics or related) with 3yrs experience or 2nd class M.Sc.+ Ph. D in Bioinformatics or related discipline with 1 year relevant experience. Desirable:
1. Experience in handling and analysing Next- Generation sequencing data.
2. Experience in scripting language (PERL/PYTHON etc.).
3. Doctorate or M. Tech in Bioinformatics /Computational Biology or relevant subject in a recognized university.
4. Additional Post-doctoral research/teaching experience in computer science in recognized institute(s).
5. Good knowledge of pattern identification and matching algorithm.6.Good knowledge of website/database design.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Develop database/web portal.
2. Implement/develop algorithm for pattern matching.
3. Any other work assigned by PI.
Age limit : 35yrs
Tenure : Up to 3 yrs.
Salary for the positions will be as per ICMR project salary norms.
Only short listed candidate will be called for interview
Submit your application & CV to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date : 25/04/2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database