AICTE SPONSORED Two Weeks Faculty Development Programme on “Recent Advances in Parentral Drug Delivery Systems & Technology” @ Ganpat University
A splendid, unique and excellent multiprofessional education campus promoted by Mehsana District Education Foundation called Ganpat Vidyanagar has now become Ganpat University vide Gujarat Govt. notification dated 12 April 2005. Ganpat University is approved by UGC under section 2(f) and is also member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The university, having all state-of-art academic infrastructure & accommodation facilities offers diversified, undergraduate and post graduate programs in technical and professional disciplines. The Ganpat university campus is spread over about 300 acres of land on the Mehsana- Gandhinagar highway. In the first phase of development, the trust offers the graduate and post-graduate programs in the field of Pharmacy, Engineering & Technology, Polytechnic, Management, Computer studies and I.T, Biotechnology & biosciences
AICTE SPONSORED Two Weeks Faculty Development Programme
“Recent Advances in Parentral Drug Delivery Systems & Technology”
April 16 to April 29, 2013
Shree S. K. Patel College of Pharmaceutical Education and Research was established in the year 1996 as the first self financed pharmacy college in the North Gujarat Region to impart degree Pharmacy course. At present college offering B. Pharm., M. Pharm. (in 7 disciplines), and PhD courses. The college have two separate building for UG and PG courses with total build up area of with total a built up area of 9272 sq. meter & 6651 sq. meter, respectively.
The college is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Pharmacy Council of India (PCI). It is a constituent college of Ganpat University. The college is an institutional member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE). The headoffice of Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA) Mehsana Branch is also located at the college. The college has achieved the distinction of being FIRST ACCREDITED PHARMACY COLLEGE for B. Pharm. Program in the Gujarat state and having current approval for the same for the period of five years, (2013-2018).
The institute has been successful in maintaining a high level of academic and research and conducting collaborative/ sponsored research projects for various international and national statutory bodies, universities, research organizations and industries. The institute offers research and consultancy services in different areas like formulation & development, toxicology, analytical method development, standardization of herbal drugs, etc. The institute organizes workshops and seminars for faculty, community pharmacist and to the society as well as professional organizations at regular intervals.
• To focus on recent trends and advances in the field of parentral drug delivery systems and technology.
• To familiarize the participants with fundamentals of novel & conventional drug delivery systems useful in research work.
• To give demonstration on formulating some novel and conventional drug delivery systems in the laboratories of the institutes.
• Major areas of design and development of novel and conventional parentral drug delivery systems like liposomes, niosomes, microemulsions, implants, opthalmic, pulmonary & nasal formulations, solid lipid nanoparticle, in-situ forming parenteral drug delivery systems.
• Carriers and additives used in parentral drug delivery.
• Practical demonstration of Formulation & evaluation of some parentral drug delivery systems.
• Clinical benefits and limitations of parentral drug delivery and technology
• Factors affecting the toxicology of partentral controlled release systems and test for regulatory approval
• Visit to pharma companies.
For more info, go to next page...