Recruitment in National Biopharma Mission – Program Management Unit at BIRAC
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is a Schedule ‘B’ Public Sector Undertaking of Govt. of India, Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India. The main mandate of the company to promote and nurture innovation research and growth of the biotech sector. BIRAC’s focus is on empowering and enabling the biotech innovation ecosystem for affordable product development. As a Government of India enterprise, BIRAC endeavours to bring professionalism, transparency and efficiency into its functioning while providing support to catalyse the transformation of the emerging Indian bio-economy. It has a very special and unique governance structure and a very carefully developed workforce strategy that includes an enabling work environment, a work culture that is caring, fosters excellence and hires the most talented and professional workforce.
Post : Mission Director, Program Manager
About the Mission:
The National Biopharma Mission is an Industry-Academia Collaborative Mission of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for Accelerating Early Development for Biopharmaceuticals; to be implemented by Biotechnology Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)-a Public Sector Undertaking of DBT Approved by the Government for implementation at a total cost US$ 250 million the Mission is co-funded 50% with World Bank loan assistance. The Mission Programme is a Pan-India Programme with the main aim of making India a hub for design and development of novel, affordable and effective biopharmaceutical products and solutions. This Program would aidin enhancing India’s innovation research and product development capabilities, especially by focusing on development of vaccines, biologics and medical devices for combating public health concerns. The Program would aid academic researchers (through enhancing their translation capability); empower bio-entrepreneurs and SMEs (by decreased cost and risk during early stages of product development) and the industry (by elevating their innovation quotient). Anticipated long term impact would benefit the Indian population at large benefit due to availability of affordable solutions and products relevant to Indian health needs.
The Mission Director is a Senior Level position requiring strong leadership. The Mission Director will lead the Mission programme at the Program Management Unit (PMU) and be responsible for effective management (organization, planning, execution and evaluation) of the i3 Program. He/She will oversee the establishment and management of strategies, build efficient teams, monitor program progress and ensure financial accuracy. Working closely with global and national thought leaders and scientific experts, the Mission Director will have an opportunity to engage with multiple stakeholders (academia, industry, SMEs) and lead a team of Technical Coordinators to enable accomplishment of activities in alignment with the i3 Program strategy and vision. The key responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
Activity and resource planning:
• Develop and operationalize strategies to ensure efficient and timely execution of the program activities;
• Oversee and ensure the development and implementation of work plans and management systems that result in effective program execution as defined in the Program Implementation Plan;
• Manage day to day activities and take decisions as per the policy framework and guidelines laid down by the Steering Committee;
• Responsible for resource planning for all program investments and ensuring adequate budget provision for smooth implementation of the Program and various components.
Stakeholder and Team Management:
• Synchronize the functions of the various components for achieving Program goals with efficiency and economy;
• Coordinate and engage with various stakeholders, ensuring maintenance of partnership values;
• Link between Steering Committee, Program Technical Advisory Group, Scientific Advisory Groups and the various operational units to ensure efficient flow of information and facilitate inter-linkages between individual components;
• Coordinating and ensuring regular conduct of meetings of various committees as per their respective Terms of Reference;
• Represent the Mission Program to the external world.
Financial and Legal Management:
• Cost estimating and developing the budget
• Working with Legal and Finance teams to ensure compliance of all necessary contracts and agreements;
• Ensures the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial accounting and reporting;
• Assessment of probable risks and create solutions to address them;
• Flag issues/bottlenecks raised by PMU or any stakeholder grievances and escalate to competent authority for corrective action;
• Ensure effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the program;
Find More Info go to Next Page...