Job for M.Pharm, M.Sc in Animal Care and Resource Center at inStem
The Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine (inStem), is a state-of-the-art research institute in Bangalore, India, dedicated to the study of stem cell and regenerative biology. An autonomous institute funded by the Dept of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, inStem emphasizes collaborative research in stem cell biology. inStem’s mandate to allow this cross-disciplinary, multi-pronged approach to research, straddles the divide between clinical and laboratory research in stem cell biology. In trying to answer intractable and challenging questions that face the field, inStem seeks to rewrite the paradigm of the research institute: without barriers and across disciplines.
Post : Animal Care and Resource Center FACILITY ASSISTANTs
The National Center for Biological Sciences & Institute for Stem Cell Biology and
Regenerative Medecine Bangalore Bio - Cluster Animal Care and Resource Center is looking for new Facility Assistants to work in our world class Specific Pathogen Free laboratory animal facility. This is a great opportunity for young scientist or technicians wishing to gain experience and high quality training in SPF Laboratory Animal Sciences.
- Oversee the routine animal husbandry and welfare activities of animal care takers/support staff and students.
- Assist the facility veterinarian in providing guidance and training to new students/animal users/care taker staff in the proper use of the SPF Animal facility, humane handling of animals, implement ing facility SOPs and proper laboratory animal Ethics .
- Training and assisting users in surgical procedures such as anesthesia, analgesia, breeding and maintenance of animal colonies; weaning, sexing, tailbiopsies for genotyping, establishing timed pregnant females, euthanasia etc.
- Rigorous animal monitoring and management of breeding and experimental animal usage records us ing the barcoded Animal Colony Management System.
- Assisting the Mouse Genome Engineering staff in various related molecular biology procedures, in vitro fertilization, stock cryopreservation, embryo transfers and animal surgeries.
- The Animal Facility is an essential service, so selected Facility Assistant must be ready to work in shifts during Week - Ends and holidays when required as per Veterinarian’s instructions.
JRF level / BE/B.Tech/ M.Pharma/Masters in any biol ogical sciences discipline with prior experience or training in laboratory animal sciences. Preference will be given to candidates with good experience and expertise in mouse methodologies and surgeries with excellent organization, recordke eping, and communication skills. Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English.
Pay Scale : As per Govt. norms based on experience and qualification.
HOW to apply:
Please carefully read in structions below –
Invalid & incomplete applications will NOT be considered
Candidates MUST send an updated CV/resume AND a MANDATORY one page COVER LETTER written by the candidate describing his/her background and his reason and interest for applying to this particular animal facility assistant job . The TWO documents ( CV + COVER LETTER ) should be saved with the candi d ate ’ s name in the file name and sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org before March 23rd 2018.
See All Other Jobs in our Database