Tripura University invites applications for post of Professor
Higher education in Tripura had a late start. Maharaja Bir Bikram (MBB) College, the first degree college in the State, started functioning under the University of Calcutta only in 1947. Not that there was no attempt in the past in Princely Tripura to establish any higher educational institution. As early as 1901, Radhakishore Manikya made an attempt to establish a degree college in the-then tiny capital town Agartala; but as the proposal did not fulfill the necessary requirements, it did not get approval from the Calcutta University.
Tripura University invites applications from the eligible Indian Nationals for filling up the following vacant teaching posts of Professor, in the Academic Pay Level 14 (Rs. 1,44,200 - 2,18,200) as per the 7th Central Pay Commission Pay Matrix, in various departments of the University.
Post Code : A-4
Specialization : Plant Physiology and Biochemistry
Post Code : A-7 & A-8
Specialization : Open
Post Code : A-29
Specialization : Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Post Code : A-31
Specialization : OPEN
Post Code : A-45
Specialization : OPEN
Application fee is Rs. 1000/- for General, EWS and OBC candidates and Rs. 500/- for candidates belonging to SC/ST category and Women. PWD candidates need not to pay any application fee.
The following guidelines and Instructions are to be followed by the candidates:
1. The eligibility criteria for all posts shall be in accordance with the UGC Regulations, 2018 and as amended from time to time by UGC & MHRD. Depending on the Subject, the eligibility criteria prescribed by other appropriate regulatory bodies, such as NCTE (School of Education, Physical Education), A1CTE (all Engineering and Technology, Business Management, Pharmacy, Fine Arts), Pharmacy Council, etc. will also be followed.
2. The eligibility of the candidates has to be fulfilled on or before the date of advertisement.
3. Incomplete application will not be entertained and shall be rejected; no further correspondence will be made in this regard.
4. Candidates already in employment shall apply through proper channel (and submit formal ‘No Objection Certificate’ during interview, if called for). They may however send an advance copy of the application.
5. Mere submission of application/satisfying the eligibility criteria does not entitle the candidate to be called for interview. University reserves the right to shortlist the applications and call for interview. The University also reserves the right to reject the candidature of the candidate at any stage of recruitment/selection process on grounds of submission of false, tampered, fabricated data/certificate/testimonials or suppression of any information.
6. Short listing of the applications will be done by the screening committee/s appointed by the University as per the guidelines and criteria as stated in SI. No.-l.
7. Candidate should furnish their valid mobile phone number and E-mail ID, otherwise, application will be rejected. If there is any change in the address, e-mail ID, mobile phone number after submission of application, the candidates should inform the University accordingly. All correspondence shall be made through e-mail ID only.
8. Candidates intending to apply for more than one post should submit separate application alongwith fee for each post.
9. Reservation Policy of Government of India shall be followed for candidates belonging to the category of EWS, SCs, STs, OBCs and PwDs as per the latest instruction of MURD and UGC. Candidates willing to be considered against any reserved category should tick the appropriate category column in the application form and furnish requisite documentary proof. Otherwise, their candidature shall be considered against unreserved post provided they have paid necessary application fee and are otherwise eligible. Any representation for change of category status after submission of application will not be considered under any circumstances. Relaxation of marks shall be given to reserved category candidates as per norms.
10. The application form should be typed and computer printed and signed by the candidate. The filled-in application form with all attachments must be spiral bound so that no pages/documents get lost in handling. Tripura University is not responsible for missing pages or attachments.
11. Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other purpose.
12. The University reserves the right to postpone/cancel this recruitment process for any/all the posts without assigning any reason.
13. Canvassing in any form in favour of candidature both direct and indirect is strictly prohibited. Violation of this code of conduct will be treated as misconduct and will be brought to the notice of selection committee concerned. The University reserves the right to cancel candidature of such candidates at any point of time if found canvassing.
14. Application form can be downloaded from the University website: tripurauniv.in/ tripurauniv.ac.in
15. The filled-in application form is to be submitted in a sealed cover superscribed with “Post Applied For (with Post Code)___________advertisement No.________" addressed to the Registrar, Tripura University, Suryamaninagar-799022.
The duly filled in application forms complete in all respects along with application fee may be sent so as to reach the office of the Registrar on or before 09/08/2019 at 5.00 pm. Application fee is to be paid through Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Registrar, Tripura University, Suryamaninagar-799022, Tripura, India payable at SBI, Tripura University Campus Branch (Code: 10495) or, may also be paid to SBI A/C No. 30863114537, IFSC code - SBIN0010495 through Net Banking/Debit or Credit Card and attach a proof of the transaction made.
See All Other Jobs in our Database