Job for Scientist in Compendial Development Laboratory at USP
USP is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, gender identity, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
Post : Scientist II, Compendial Development Laboratory
This is a non-supervisory position in in the Compendial Development Laboratory (CDL) within Global Laboratory Operations. The incumbent will be responsible for performing USP/NF/FCC method development and method validation projects and maintaining safety and GLP environment in the lab. This position is a component of USP’s core business and the incumbent is expected to support monograph modernization initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Literature search for the USP/FCC/NF projects
• Responsible for sample preparation (extractions such as liquid-liquid extraction, QuEChERS, or SPE and clean-up procedures) for food samples.
• Should have worked on Chromatography (HPLC, GC), Mass spectrometry (LC- MS/ MS GC- MS/ MS ) techniques.
• Should have experience of method development and validations for food ingredients and food products.
• Responsible for Design and review of method development experiments and perform method validation in accordance with laid down procedure.
• Responsible for preparation of method validation protocols and reports.
• Provide effective technical and scientific expertise for development of Foods related analytical methods.
• Engage in project planning, execution, method development and validation according to set standards as USP general chapters, guidelines, SOPs and protocols.
• Responsible for procurement of chemicals, reagents, glassware, columns, project related samples, and general requirement for entire team on regular basis.
• Responsible for preparing regular project updates and communicating with internal customers through verbal and email communication.
• Responsible for keeping track of all the ongoing projects for the entire team.
• Responsible for mentoring the team members and helping them in day to day activities.
• Responsible for instrument maintenance and ensuring good lab practices.
• Responsible for providing the project updates supervisor on the regular basis.
• Effectively coordinate with Group Leader to complete the USP/ FCC/NF projects within timelines.
• Responsible for preparation and review of SOPs, protocols, reports etc.
• Responsible for review of the records and documents.
• Responsible for ensuring calibrations of the equipment as per the schedule.
• Responsible for preparing, executing and completing IQ/OQ/PQ of new instruments.
• Responsible for maintaining GLP & safety procedures while working in Lab.
Master’s Degree in Chemistry (Food science/Analytical / Organic) or Pharmaceutical Sciences with 7-10 years of experience or PhD with at least 3-5 years of experience in relevant field.. Exceptional breadth of food industry experience. Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively with diplomacy and enthusiasm. Technical and analytical skills required including the ability to interpret technical information. Must have hands on experience in working with chemical methods and handling instruments like HPLC, UHPLC, LC-MS, GC, GC-MS, IC, ICP-OES/MS, FTIR, UV-Visible. Should have fair understanding of GLP regulations and exposed to external regulatory audits.
Experience : 5+ years
Qualification : M.Sc, M.Pharm
Location : Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Industry Type : Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Tracking Code : 26436001
Functional Area : Compendial Development Laboratory(Foods)
End Date : 15th August, 2019
See All Other Jobs in our Database