FORMULATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF HERBAL LIPSTICK USING COLORED PIGMENT OF PUNICA GRANATUM
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION: The formulation and evaluation of herbal lipsticks was aimed to formulate a lipstick using herbal ingredients. According to literature survey of previous investigation of these herbal plant it may be minimize the side effects as produced by the available synthetic ones. Different natural ingredients were used for formulating natural lipsticks that contain coloring agent which is a natural colorant obtained from Punica granatum and the effect of different natural ingredients on different evaluation parameters in the formulation have been investigated.
CONCLUSION: Now a days when cosmetics offers artificial and chemical ingredients at sky rocking prizes as well as several adverse effects, herbal cosmetics carry goodness of natural alternatives with its herbal products. These ecofriendly, herbal lipstick is made from natural plant extracts that promises to rejuvenate and revitalize skin with new freshness. The present investigation was done to formulate lipstick containing herbal ingredients.
1. Bennet, W.; Bennet, S. Cosmetic Formulary, 2nd ed.; Chemical Publishing Company: New York, NY, USA, 1993.
2. Chattopadhyay, P.K., Herbal Cosmetics and Ayuvedic Medicines, I ed. National Institute of Industrial Research, 2005: 45-50.
3. Ellison, Don. Cultivated Plants of the World. London: New Holland. 1999: 209-217
4. Jain S.K. & Sharma N.K. A Text Book of Pharmaceutics. Vallabh Prakashan;2005
5. Kokate C, Purohit A, Gokhale S. Pharmacognocy, Nirali prkashan; 2007
6. Kapoor V.P. Herbal cosmetics for Skin and Hair care, Natural Product Radiance: 2005; 4(4): 306-314
7. Kaul S, Dwivedi S. Indigenous ayurvedic knowledge of some species in the treatment of human disease and disorders. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences 2010; 1 (1): 44-49.
8. Mittal B.M. and Saha R.N. Handbook of Cosmetics 1st Ed. A Vallabh Prakashan, 2003: 58-59.
9. Saha R, Cosmeceuticals and Herbal drugs: practical uses. International journal of pharmaceutical Research and Sciences 2012(3): 59-65.
10. Sharma P.P. Cosmetics- Formulation and Quality Control, 3rd ed. Vandana Publication, 2005: 35-54.
NOW YOU CAN ALSO PUBLISH YOUR ARTICLE ONLINE.
SUBMIT YOUR ARTICLE/PROJECT AT email@example.com
FIND OUT MORE ARTICLES AT OUR DATABASE