You are hereJob as Scientist II - ARD in United States Pharmacopeia India
Job as Scientist II - ARD in United States Pharmacopeia India
The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is a non–governmental, official public standards–setting authority for prescription and over–the–counter medicines and other healthcare products manufactured or sold in the United States. USP also sets widely recognized standards for food ingredients and dietary supplements. USP sets standards for the quality, purity, strength, and consistency of these products–critical to the public health. USP's standards are recognized and used in more than 130 countries around the globe. These standards have helped to ensure public health throughout the world for close to 200 years.
Post: Scientist – II, ARD
Function of the Position:
This is a non-supervisory position in USP-India’s Analytical Research & Development Laboratory. In this role, the Scientist II works on projects including Analytical Method Development for in process samples for synthetic chemistry support. The Scientist II performs a variety of non-routine and routine analytical tests, including development of methods, evaluation of packaging materials, stability and dissolution studies, in analytical chemistry.
• Execute analysis for in-process samples including reaction monitoring.
• Involve in project acceptance & approvals.
• Execute projects per the approved test protocols.
• Prepare development reports for ARD projects as per the need
• Prepare and review of SOPs, protocols, reports, etc.
• Ensure the projects requirements by coordinating with the Purchasing department.
• Coordinate with Senior Scientist to complete ARD projects within timelines.
• Review the records and documents.
• Ensure that the calibrations of the equipments are performed as per the schedule.
• Prepare, execute and complete IQ/OQ/PQ of new instruments.
• Indent the required glass ware, chemicals and columns for the ARD projects.
• Maintain GLP & implement safety procedures while working in Lab.
• Perform other Projects whenever free from ARD / ACRL activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Chemistry with a minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in analytical testing and development with focus on process analytical chemistry. Exposure to GMP/GLP environment and documentation procedures would be an added advantage. Ability to perform analytical method developments required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Experience in working with wet chemical analysis, handling spectroscopic (UV-Visible, FTIR, and FT-Raman) and chromatographic equipment (GC, HPLC and UPLC) is required. Experience in working with mass spectrometric instruments like GC-MS, LC-MS and ICP-MS with a strong theoretical background in terms of spectral interpretation is desired. The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers and have a working knowledge of computer applications, such as MS Word and MS Excel.
Experience: 3-5 years
Location: Hyderabad / secunderabad -India
Education: M.Pharm, M.Sc
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area: QA
Job ID: 10900
End Date: 2nd july,2012
To Apply, Click here
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.
FIND LATEST JOBS