You are hereJob as Scientist II - Cell Biology in United States Pharmacopeia
Job as Scientist II - Cell Biology in United States Pharmacopeia
The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) is a non–governmental, official public standards–setting authority for prescription and over–the–counter medicines and other healthcare products manufactured or sold in the United States. USP also sets widely recognized standards for food ingredients and dietary supplements. USP sets standards for the quality, purity, strength, and consistency of these products–critical to the public health. USP's standards are recognized and used in more than 130 countries around the globe. These standards have helped to ensure public health throughout the world for close to 200 years.
Post: Scientist II - Cell Biology
Function of the Position:
This is a hands-on, non-supervisory position in USP-India’s Biologics and Biotechnology. In this role, the Scientist delivers sustained contributions that result in innovative product and process technologies for USP. The Scientist will contribute to the scientific experience and work ethic of the laboratory through a broad range of technical knowledge. A Scientist has mastered some of the common techniques in the laboratory, and is able to contribute their own observations and input to projects. The Scientist at this level may execute 80% - 100% of their work at the bench level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assists the group leader in implementing and evaluating laboratory procedures and systems.
• Demonstrates strong skill in laboratory methods in the areas of bioassays and immunoassays.
• Can conduct lab test procedures with minimal supervision and errors and can interpret results correctly.
• Reviews, and evaluates scientific literature in the relevant technical area.
• Drafts project testing plans and reports for review.
• Assists in purchase of laboratory equipment and lab management.
• Troubleshoots instrumentation within the area of expertise.
• Recommends improvements to methods and processes.
• Actively engages overall project and ensures own work in aligned with overarching goals and priorities.
• Executes all testing / analysis, and records experimental data, ensuring clear and accurate transcription of results and calculations.
• Routinely applies personal experience, academic training, and technical insights to solve complex problems in the laboratory.
• Attends group and project meetings.
• Demonstrates a strong desire to continue learning and grow personal capability.
• Pursues, recommends and implements new approaches or processes to improve laboratory operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree with relevant laboratory work experience of around 4 plus years. Laboratory experience must include cell culture techniques and bioassay methods mainly. Experience in immunological techniques (ELISA) is desirable. Experience in qualification and validation of bioassays is highly desired. The candidate should also be able to perform protein analysis methods such as determination of protein concentration. The candidate should be experienced in clean room and cell culture lab procedures and systems. Working knowledge of common analytical methods and procedures, calibrating and operating analytical instruments, such as spectrophotometers, microtiter plate readers and pipettes is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Experience in flow cytometry analysis is desirable. Experience in an IAO/cGMP environment will be an advantage. Basic knowledge of general analytical biochemistry principles. The candidate must take personal responsibility to ensure work is delivered on time and is the highest possible quality. Ability to anticipate, troubleshoots, and solves technical problems. Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, and experience in working in the pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry strongly preferred.
Experience: min. 4 years
Location: Hyderabad / secunderabad -India
Education: M.Pharm, M.Sc
Industry Type: Pharma/ Healthcare/ Clinical research
Functional Area: QA
Job ID: 10899
End Date: 30th june,2012
To Apply, Click here
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.
FIND LATEST JOBS