You are hereICRISAT invites applications from Indian nationals for the post of Scientific Officer
ICRISAT invites applications from Indian nationals for the post of Scientific Officer
The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid-Tropics (ICRISAT) is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics has over 2 billion people, and 644 million of these are the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower these poor people to overcome poverty, hunger and a degraded environment through better agriculture.
Post: Scientific Officer – Pearl Millet Breeding
ICRISAT invites applications from Indian nationals for the post of Scientific Officer – Pearl Millet Breeding to be based at Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh, India. This is a nationally recruited position.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeonpea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- Constitution and implementation of field trials.
- Supervision of technicians for data collection, and breeder seed production.
- Analysis of experimental data and data management
- Assist the scientist in the preparation of technical reports.
- Post Graduate from a reputed university in plant breeding/genetics with 1-2 years of experience in plant breeding/genetics at a research institute/university/private sector company, with good aptitude for field work.
- Proficiency in Computer skills (Ms- Office, data analysis), Statistical Skills and communication skills in English (both written and oral)
- Should be a good team player and adaptable to working in multicultural team.
Period and Remuneration:
The position is initially for 3 years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute's continuing need for the position. An attractive compensation is offered for the right candidate.
How to Apply: The application should include an up-to-date resume, a recent passport size photograph, names and addresses (including phone & e-mail) of three referees. Please send applications stating the job title clearly on the application/envelope, to Human Resources Services, ICRISAT, Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh - 502324, or
by E-mail to email@example.com, latest by 24 December 2010. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and called for interview.
“ICRISAT strongly welcomes women to apply"
See All Other Jobs in our Database
PLEASE NOTIFY THAT THIS JOB IS EXPIRED.
FIND LATEST JOBS BY CLICKING LINKS BELOW.