Working Opportunity for Medical Writer in PPD
PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing discovery, development and post-approval services as well as compound partnering programs. Our clients and partners include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, academic and government organizations. With offices in 32 countries and more than 9,000 professionals worldwide, PPD applies innovative technologies, therapeutic expertise and a commitment to quality to help its clients and partners maximize returns on their R&D investments and accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics to patients
Post: Medical Writer
Provides high-quality medical and scientific writing from planning and coordination through delivery of final drafts to internal and external clients. Demonstrates subject matter and therapeutic area expertise. May assist program manager. Collaborates with internal and external clients, supporting and enabling effective and efficient communication that results in operational excellence.
- Serves as primary author who writes and provides input on routine documents such as clinical study reports and study protocols, and summarizes data from clinical studies.
- Researches, writes, edits complex clinical and scientific and program level documents, including IBs, INDs, and MAAs.
- Reviews routine documents prepared by junior team members. May provide training and mentorship for junior writers and program managers on document preparation, the use of software for document development, document types, regulatory requirements, and therapeutic area knowledge.
- Ensures compliance with quality processes and requirements for assigned documents. Provides input on and independently develops best practices, methods and techniques for achieving optimal results, including various client-specific processes.
- May assist in program management activities. Identifies and resolves out-of-scope activities. Duties could include developing timelines, budgets, forecasts and contract modifications.
- Represents the department at project launch meetings, review meetings, and project team meetings.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification; Advanced degree preferred
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years).
Experience working in the pharmaceutical/CRO industry preferred
Additional qualifications in medical writing (AMWA; EMWA; RAC) advantageous
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent data interpretation and medical writing skills, including grammatical, editorial, and proofreading skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including problem solving
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong presentation skills
- Significant knowledge of global, regional, national and other document development guidelines
- In-depth knowledge in a specialty area such as preclinical, therapeutic, regulatory submissions, communications, etc.
- Great judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent computer skills and skilled with client templates; Good knowledge of document management systems and other relevant applications (e.g. Excel, Outlook)
For more info on Next Page...