Job for Scientific Project Manager at Abbott
Abbott is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
Post : Scientific Project Manager
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
Participate in set up, oversight and follow-up of assigned clinical studies/medical projects, ensuring that the studies/medical projects are carried out in accordance with all relevant processes and procedures.
Assist relationships and advance the scientific credibility of the Company with established and emerging Regional/National Opinion Leaders (OL).
Respond to requests for scientific/medical information and provide key scientific information updates to Regional and National OLs, as appropriate.
Develop/maintain key scientific knowledge that enable credible dissemination of scientific information, informed scientific dialogue with physicians/OLs and development of professional working relationships
Ensure compliance with all applicable national laws & regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, Abbott’s policies & procedures, and accepted standards of best practice.
Provide scientific and technical support for, and help maintain professional and credible relationships with, key OLs/ academic centers to ensure access to current medical/scientific information on the products/areas of therapeutic interest.
Assist in initiation, oversight and follow up of assigned clinical studies/medical projects initiated within the relevant TA (e.g. post marketing clinical activities such as registry/database projects, epidemiological surveys, post-authorization studies (phase IV), IIS projects, etc.).
- Maintain contacts with physicians and OLs of the assigned geographic area in order to satisfy their needs for scientific knowledge in the therapeutic area and, where requested, Abbott drugs/products the SPM carries responsibility for.
- Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups (meetings, clinical sessions, etc.),
- Participate in the selection process to identify appropriately qualified physicians the Company would wish to engage in collaborative efforts – such as potential research collaborations, or lecture/meeting support (Round Tables, Congresses, Symposia, etc.); and to ensure a high level of scientific or educational integrity in these collaborative efforts.
- Develop awareness and understanding of competitor issues/intelligence – for example, product strategies, studies, commercial messages, positioning, etc – and communicate, where appropriate, within the Company.
- Attend relevant Scientific Societies meetings/Conferences, and develop summaries of key messages for use within the Company – such as key areas of scientific/company interest, new trends in diagnosis, monitoring & treatments in the TA, etc.
- Upon request, assist physicians appropriately direct requests for access to Company products on a named patient or compassionate use basis, subject to all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Perform regular joint field work. Support sales/marketing/internal team areas to develop their scientific and technical expertise through the delivery of scientific update presentations. Conduct regular internal trainings when needed
- Provide KOLs & internal medical/clinical teams with scientific/technical support for publications of scientific/ medical interest.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of products uses and external data.
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner as assigned.
Find More Info Go to Next Page...